KALAMAZOO KINETIC SYNCHRONIZED SKATING TEAMS
GKSA Synchronized Skating Program Mission Statement
To provide skaters, both youth, and adult, with the opportunity to expand their respective skating skills in a team environment with qualified professional coaches who are able to develop skilled teams demonstrating good sportsmanship and teamwork while learning about commitment and dedication.
• To unite all of the teams as one large group – being supportive of each other and of the entire group.
• To improve each skater’s individual speed, endurance, and basic skating abilities.
• To provide a competitive, fun, positive, learning experience for all skaters.
• To establish strong bonds between team members and to learn good sportsmanship.
• To finish each season not only as better skaters but as better individuals.
Kalamazoo Kinetic Synchronized Skating Teams
Synchronized skating is a popular discipline both within the United States and around the world. Synchronized skating is a team sport in which 8-20 skaters perform a program together. It is characterized by teamwork, speed, intricate formations and challenging step sequences.
As with other disciplines, teams perform a program with specific elements, including blocks, circles, wheels, lines, intersections, and moves in the field.
For more information about joining one of our synchronized skating teams please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Synchro Program Administrative Director – Jessica LaPorte
Synchro Program Creative Director – Jennifer Miller
Kalamazoo Kick-Off Classic
November 17 – 19, 2017
January 12 -13, 2018
Mid-Western & Pacific Coast Sectionals Wichita KS
January 24 – 28, 2018
Feburary – Dates to be announced.